Managing Your Menopausal Mind
Date & Location
About The Event
Alison Lewis is a 55yr old peri-menopausal woman (yes STILL peri !) and a practicing Solution Focused Hypnotherapist in south Manchester.
What has been of incredible benefit to Alison during this transition is the knowledge she has of how the mind works. This underpins the work that she does and has proved invaluable, enabling her to manage her symptoms and navigate her way through the changes.
The purpose of our workshop is for Alison to share this information with you. We know that fluctuating hormones impact many areas of the brain including temperature regulation, sleep regulation, learning, memory, emotional processing and stress arousal - and the anxiety and distress that can result from this can impact significantly on the quality of our day to day lives.
During the workshop we will look at how this anxiety is generated - how it causes us to suffer as we do – and steps that you can take to achieve more control of your experience and increase your sense of wellbeing.
More specifically we will look at:
- The different areas of the brain and how we learn. How our learning subconsciously impacts our thoughts and behaviours.
- Anxiety and the stress response – how anxiety impacts our thinking, our behaviour and sleep and subsequently our menopause symptoms.
- How we can manage anxiety – simple, practical short term and long term strategies you can employ to control anxiety levels and manage your symptoms.
We will then close the session with a deep relaxation using guided visualisation to allow you to achieve a lovely, deeply relaxed state.
There will be an opportunity to ask Alison questions and we will of course chat away during our early supper together.
- Vegetarian Supper£40£400£0
- Vegan Supper£40£400£0
- Other Dietary Supper£40£400£0